Highway 97 north of Summerland now has two lanes open, one in each direction. Temporary work has been completed to allow traffic access through the site of the rockslide.
Drivers are reminded that this portion of the road may need to be closed again with limited notice if it is deemed unsafe. The site will be at greater likelihood of closure should heavy rainfall occur.
- Vehicle weight restrictions – 14,600 kg or less
- Maximum 60 km speed limit throughout the route
- Single lane sections with further reduced speed – watch for traffic control
- Directional signage in place
- No passing permitted through the routes – pull over to let others pass
- Heavy equipment working (graders) throughout both routes – watch for equipment and workers
For up-to-date information about driving conditions, visit: https://www.DriveBC.ca
*Image courtesy of Government of BC