The CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency (HDVE) Program helps carriers save money and reduce their carbon footprint by providing rebates of up to $20,000 per vehicle and $150,000 per fleet towards the purchase and installation of approved fuel-efficient equipment.
Funded by the Government of BC and administered by the BC Trucking Association (BCTA), the CleanBC HDVE Program is designed to promote sustainable transportation practices, reduce emissions, and provide economic benefits to carriers. $3.5 million of funds will be available as rebates to Year-five of the Program that will run until August 31, 2024, or until the funds are fully allocated, whichever comes first.
To be eligible for program incentives, BCTA membership is not required. Companies must meet the full eligibility criteria that are available in the HDVE Program Guide, including:
- At least one company representative must have successfully completed the CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency Program Course at least once between August 2022-August 2024
- The incentives must be for eligible equipment to be installed on a heavy-duty vehicle (or vehicles) with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) greater than 7,257 kg and operated in BC
- All qualifying equipment being applied for, must be purchased and installed in BC- unless the equipment is unavailable for purchase in BC due to supply chain issues and/or the company selling the equipment does not have a BC-based office (please see Program Guide for more details)
- The company must conduct business in BC
- The company must have at least one terminal in BC
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Complete the CleanBC HDVE Program Course
Applicants must also successfully complete the free, pre-requisite CleanBC HDVE Program Course that describes the benefits of using different fuel-saving technologies and practices for the NSC company the vehicle(s) included in the application are registered under. This half-day course, which is offered by webinar and in-person, teaches participants the importance of why truck and motor coach fleets of any size should have a fuel management program that focuses on driver training, benchmarking, adoption of fuel-saving equipment, and fleet turnover, including consideration of alternative fuel options. Course registration is free.
Visit our training page for upcoming course dates and to register.
STEP 2: Submit Your Application
Upon successful completion of the course, participants are eligible to apply for CleanBC HDVE Program Incentives, featuring rebates on the purchase and installation of qualifying fuel-saving equipment. Incentive amounts are up to $20,000 per vehicle and up to $150,000 per fleet for the purchase and installation of approved fuel-saving equipment and technology.
Click here for the Year-five application form.
Please note, that BCTA will confirm receipt of all applications submitted electronically within 2 business days. Should you not receive a response within 2 business days, it is your responsibility to follow up with BCTA to confirm receipt of your application.
All applications are to be submitted either in-person to the BCTA Office (20111 93A Avenue, Langley BC V1M 4A9), or by email at CleanBC@BCTrucking.com.
Contact us at CleanBC@BCTrucking.com or call 604-888-5319.